Here’s the link to today’s run stats:
I’ll be enhancing my run training by doing the following:
- focusing on posture and lumbo-pelvic stability for all runs
- such stability allows for more power output from the hips
- focusing on cadence between 83 and 86 stride cycles per minute
- research has demonstrated that such a cadence is optimal
- focusing on picking up my feet to move forward as opposed to driving through my knees
- I’ve been a quadriceps dominant runner secondary to my weak hip extensors and so picking my heels up will allow my hamstrings and glutes to be more active, instead of just my quads.
- including hip extensor and core stabilization exercises to add stability to that lumbo-pelvic region and generate stronger hip drive
- aiming for consistency with my runs
- I’ve gone too hard too many times where I’ve been worn out so much that I had to take extended periods off to recover
For this first phase, I want to squeeze in about 4 runs, 3 bike rides, and 2 swims per week.
We’ll see how I do this first week.